AN ODE TO FOOD

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Best Hot Chocolate


I love drinking hot chocolate late at night- right before bed, when my tummy doesnt quite want to go to sleep, warm milk seems to put all my parts in agreement- and no one can argue with a little chocolate. Never one with a sweet tooth, I found a way to bring more earthy flavors and a bit of a kick to my hot chocolate. So this is how I make my favorite:

Start off with:

2.5 cups of skim milk
2 heaping tablespoons of unsweetented chocolate powder
1 tablespoon of sugar (to taste)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder

Heat milk in a medium saucepan until steaming, keep fire at med-low. Slowly stir in unsweetened chocolate powder, stirring away any lumps. Add the sugar, cinnamon and chili powder. (serves 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment